Assistant Professor of Instruction
ENB 343G | 813-974-0909
Dr. Valentina N. Korzhova joined the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at the University of South Florida (USF) in Tampa, FL as instructor in Fall 2016. From 2012 to 2016, she was a visiting instructor in the Department. Dr. Korzhova received her PhD in Computer Science and Engineering from the University of South Florida in 2010. During 2010 - 2012, she joined the Information Systems department at Prince Mohammad Bin Fahd University (PMU) as an assistant professor, KSA.
Dr. Korzhova's general research interest lies in the fields of computer vision, image processing, and pattern recognition. Her additional interests include algorithm optimizations and mathematical modeling with applications in industry, medicine, and information systems. Dr. Korzhova has published over 50 journal and conference papers.
During 2010 - 2012, Dr. Korzhova served in the Student Academic Support Center at PMU, participated in breast cancer support at PMU, and mentored students during their Assessment III research project. She was a Member of the Business College Grade Appeal committee and a Member of the Research and Professional Development Symposium Committee at PMU. She received Certificates of Appreciation at Prince Mohammad Bin Fahd University in 2010 - 2012, Graduate Certificate "Statistical Data Analysis" at USF in 2008.
Operating systems; theory automata; artificial intelligence; theory of algorithms; program design; introduction to programming; computers and impact on society; computer organizations; image processing
PhD in Computer Science and Engineering, University of South Florida (2010)
PhD in Mathematics and Physics, T. G. Shevchenko Kiev State University, Ukraine (1982)
MS in Computer Science, University of South Florida (2006)
BS in Computer Science, University of South Florida (2003)
Honors and Awards
- Certificate: Certified Online Educator at USF
- Certificate of Appreciation, Prince Mohammad Bin Fahd University
- Graduate Certificate "Statistical Data Analysis"
- Graduate Multidisciplinary Scholarship
- Recipient of Mozelle Beverly Endowed Scholarship
- Recipient of Excellence in Tutoring Award
- Recipient of SPJC Hazel Webb Scholarship Award
- Advising and Mentoring students at USF
- Reviewing the book: Mathematical theory of development. A course of lectures (ARIAL)
- Reviewing journal papers (Elsevier)
- Serving Student Academic Support Center, College of Business, PMU
- Participation in breast cancer support