ENB 312 | 813-974-4757
Dr. Hao Zheng received his BS in Electrical Engineering from the Northwestern Polytechnical University, China, in 1993, MS and PhD in Electrical Engineering from the University of Utah in 1998 and 2001, respectively. From 1993 to 1996, he worked for a division of the Lufthansa Airlines as an Electronics Engineer. From 2001 to 2004, he was with IBM Microelectronics Division as an Advisory Engineer/Scientist. His work at IBM was focused on incorporating formal verification methods into the ASIC design flow to improve productivity and design quality. He joined the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at the University of South Florida (USF) in Tampa, FL as an assistant professor. He has been an associate professor since May 2010.
Dr. Zheng's research interests include hardware/software testing and verification, hardware security, machine learning, formal verification/model checking for safety-critical systems, embedded system design, computer architecture.
Dr. Zheng's main teaching interests include formal methods for system design and verification, embedded/cyber-physical system design, reconfigurable computing, digital logic and computer system design, discrete math and computation theory.
PhD in Electrical Engineering, University of Utah (2001)
MS in Electrical Engineering, University of Utah (1998)
BS in Electrical Engineering, Northwestern Polytechnical University (1993)
Honors and Awards
- Best Paper Award, SPIN (2014)
- IEEE Senior member (2008)
- USF Outstanding Research Achievement Award (2007)
- NSF CAREER Award (2005)
- Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems (2018--)
- Member of USF CSE Undergraduate/Infrastructure Committee
- NSF panelists (2006, 2015)
- Member, the University Graduate Council
- Member of technical program committees, ISVLSI, HLDVT, ICCAD-SRC
Reviewer, various conferences and journals