Bookstore Advance Purchase Program (BAPP)
What Is The Bookstore Advance Purchase Program (BAPP)?
The BAPP allows you to charge books and supplies at any USF campus bookstore using your financial aid before it is paid. By using the BAPP, you are authorizing OFA to pay your bookstore charges with your financial aid.
BAPP is not additional financial aid. Your purchases will be included as a charge on your student account. Any unused BAPP is returned to you by e-Deposit or refund check after the end of the first week of classes. An email confirming your eligibility for BAPP will be sent to your USF email address before the start of classes each semester.
To qualify each term you must:
- Be degree seeking, and
- Be enrolled at least half-time in USF hours and
- Have financial aid ready to disburse that is at least $100 more than your student account charges.
- If you qualify for a BAPP, the OFA will send you an e-mail approximately two weeks prior to the beginning of the term.
IMPORTANT: Your BAPP eligibility may change after you have been approved if additional charges are posted to your student account or your aid eligibility changes. The most common reasons why you may not qualify for a BAPP may include, but are not limited to:
- An ineligible Satisfactory Academic Progress status in OASIS;
- Unsatisfied loan requirements;
- Unsatisfied requirements in OASIS;
- Cost of attendance adjustments based on your length of enrollment;
- Insufficient enrollment status and/or;
- If you qualified for a BAPP in a prior semester but do not now, it may be because your bill is more than your prior semester's bill (e.g. enrolled in more classes, no deposit prepayments required, etc.).
Additional Textbook & Supply Purchases
If you qualify for the $600 maximum BAPP and your textbooks cost more, you may be considered for a BAPP increase if you have enough financial aid. Bring a copy of your textbook list from OASIS or your USF Bookstore cancelled transaction receipt and request a walk-in appointment with a financial aid advisor.