Student Responsibilities & Rights
You have a responsibility to:
- Establish plans to meet your educational and living expenses;
- Read all emails sent to your USF e-mail address; this is the primary way OFA will contact you about your financial aid while you are a student at USF;
- Stay informed by regularly checking your status in OASIS;
- Apply for financial aid early, if you need financial assistance;
- Submit all forms required to complete the application process in a timely and accurate manner;
- Read, understand, and retain copies of all information and/or forms that are sent to you, or that you must sign;
- Notify OFA of all sources of funds you receive that are not already showing on your Award Notice or in OASIS;
- Meet the financial aid and/or scholarship terms and conditions to remain eligible for aid;
- Satisfactorily perform and work assignments accepted through student employment programs.
You have a right to:
- Be advised of what financial aid programs are available and how to apply for them and meet required deadlines;
- Be advised of consumer information requirements as required by the Higher Education Opportunity Act
- Be advised of requirements in the case of withdrawal, refunds, and repayment of financial aid;
- Have all application information treated with the highest professional confidentiality;
- Methods and frequency of disbursement of aid
- Request a review of your financial aid awards if you believe a mistake has been made, or if your enrollment status or family and/or financial circumstances have changed;
- Be advised of how the school determines whether you are making satisfactory progress for financial aid, and what happens if you are not.
- Be considered for financial aid if you enroll in a program of study abroad approved for credit by the home institution.