Leadership Enrichment is an interactive, cohort-based program that provides USF mid-level leaders with the opportunity to examine themselves as leaders and to expand their self-awareness of effective leadership skills, styles and behaviors.
The program includes:
- Curriculum delivered by a leadership expert
- Ten, two-hour live virtual sessions over a five-month period
- CliftonStrengths assessment
- In-between session activities designed to implement learning into real life
- Large and small group discussions
- Individual coaching sessions
- Internal networking opportunities
IMPORTANT PROGRAM INFORMATION
Application Deadline: The application process is currently closed.
The Summer 2021 program has concluded. Please stay tuned for information about future cohorts.
Click here to download the application. Applications are not currently being accepted. For questions, email the HR Learning & Talent Development team: email@example.com. Please thoroughly review the information below before submitting the application.
To be eligible for the program, candidates must be full-time (non-OPS) mid-level leaders of the University of South Florida that are currently serving in a leadership role, preferably with direct reports. Temporary employees are not eligible to participate.
Applicants must submit a completed application that includes their supervisor’s approval.
If selected, participants must commit to ten, two-hour instructor-led sessions from April - August 2021 with activities/assignments to be completed in-between sessions.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be goal oriented and self-motivated
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Be motivated to lead and be an agent of change
- Possess interest in learning more about himself/herself/themself as a person and leader
- Be willing to be adaptable and open to feedback
- Be able to participate in all virtual sessions
- Have their college/department's budget support for the $560 program fee
Mid-level leaders interested in the program must complete the application and secure their supervisor’s approval via signature (electronic signatures are acceptable). Participants should then email the application to firstname.lastname@example.org by the posted deadline. A committee will review the applications and select 24 participants. Applicants will be notified of their selection via email. Payment for the program fee must be made by the college/department prior to the first program session, or the participant may be disqualified.
In order for the individual and the cohort to fully benefit from this developmental program, attendance is mandatory. Absences may be excused at the instructor’s discretion. Excessive absences could disqualify the participant from completing the program. Once the program has started, there will be no refunds of program fees nor will transfer to a future cohort be possible.
Pre-session: Participants may be asked to complete pre-session activities.
Upcoming Sessions TBD
- What is Leadership - The Role of Trust
- CliftonStrengths activities - Understanding Ourselves
- Building Your Executive Presence
- Values-Based Decision Making (VBDM) and Culture
- Engagement - Communication - Active Listening
- Reputation, Signatures and Setting Standards
- Influencers: Ourselves and Others
- Time & Personal Management Skills
- Conflict Resolution & Negotiation Basics
- Personal Development Plans