Dear USF faculty and staff,
Now that we have reached the milestone of formal approval of the University of South Florida’s 2022-2027 strategic plan “In Pursuit of Excellence” by the Florida Board of Governors, it’s time to move to the next phase – implementation.
As I mentioned in my previous message to the community last week, the successful approval of our strategic plan would not have been possible without the valuable input from you and our many stakeholder groups and, notably, without the contributions of our Strategic Planning Steering Committee, whose work over the last several months helped map our blueprint for success.
As we look ahead to the successful implementation beginning on July 1, 2022, we will once again need to rely on the collective good work of our faculty, staff and leadership to set the course and direction to operationalize unit-based strategic plans and priorities that ultimately align with our institutional goals and objectives.
With that in mind, I am asking our Strategic Plan Steering Committee members to now serve as an Implementation Advisory Committee. The committee is asked to provide guidance and advice around the implementation process, review plans and offer feedback and ensure that this next phase once again engages our entire USF community as we work toward a comprehensive and integrated university strategic implementation plan.
I’m pleased to announce the members of the Implementation Advisory Committee:
- Theresa Chisolm, Co-chair; Vice Provost for Strategic Planning, Performance and Accountability
- Pritish Mukherjee, Co-chair; Vice Provost and Associate Vice President Strategic Talent Recruitment, University Reputation and Impact; Professor, Department of Physics
- Jessica Burgess, President, Administrative Advisory Council
- Moniquie Brown, President, USF Staff Senate
- Willow Craine, Graduate and Professional Student Council Vice President
- Andrea Ellis, American Council on Education Fellow
- Valeria Garcia, Associate Vice President of Decision Support
- Paige Geers, Acting Chief of Staff
- Moez Limayem, Lynn Pippenger Dean, Muma College of Business
- Usha Menon, Senior Associate Vice President, USF Health; Dean, College of Nursing
- Zacharias Pieri, Associate Professor of International Relations and Security Studies, School of Interdisciplinary Global Studies, College of Arts and Sciences
- R. Anthony Rolle, Dean, College of Education
- Charles Stanish, Professor of Anthropology, College of Arts and Sciences; Executive Director, Institute for the Advanced Study of Culture and the Environment
- Melanie Riedinger-Whitmore, Professor, Department of Integrative Biology, College of Arts and Sciences
- Ilana Thomsett, Academic Services Administrator
- Tanya Vomacka, Director of Strategic Communications and Engagement, Office of the Provost
- Jillian Wilson, Student Body Vice President
I am grateful to the members of the Implementation Advisory Committee for their continued work and all the members of our community for your thoughtful input and hard work toward shaping the future of USF. I am confident that these next steps will continue to build on our success and propel us even further in pursuit of excellence.
Thank you in advance for your continued support.
Rhea F. Law