I Heart Diversity Awards
Each year, the Tampa campus Office of Multicultural Affairs recognizes and celebrates individuals and groups within the USF community who have displayed a commitment to inclusive excellence during the academic year. During this celebration, we showcase our diverse student leaders, highlight achievements in our programs throughout the year, and reflect on the diverse path to preeminence.
The 2023 I Heart Diversity Awards Celebration will be held on April 20th, 2023 from 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM in the MSC Ballrooms! Doors open at 5:30 PM.
Multicultural Advisor of the Year: This award is presented to a faculty/staff member who has advised a multicultural student organization and has exhibited outstanding dedication and support.
Multicultural Student Organization Leader of the Year: This award is presented to an individual who has exemplified the OMA's mission and vision by reaching beyond their duties as a student organization leader. This individual has demonstrated leadership within their organization and/or in collaboration with OMA.
Multicultural Student Organization of the Year: This award goes to a multicultural/diverse student organization that has been an outstanding member of the Multicultural Community or the USF community as a whole. This organization has exemplified the vision and mission of OMA and the Multicultural Community as both an organization and collaborator.
Nominations are due Friday, March 24th, 2023 at 11:59 PM.
2022 I heart diversity awards winners
Congratulations to this year's winners!
- Most Innovative Program
- AfroLatinidad (Latin American Student Association, Dominican American Student Association, Boricua Student Association, Club Creole, and Caribbean Cultural Exchange)
- Rising Star Organization
- Central American Student Alliance
- Advisor of the Year
- Nicky Luckett, Black Student Union
- Student Organization Leader of the Year
- Eunice Gutierrez, Minority Students in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Student Organization of the Year
- Dominican American Student Association
- Safe Zone Facilitator of the Year
- Shea Van Alstyne, Campus Recreation & Wellness
- Dr. Heide Castañeda UndocuALLY Facilitator of the Year
- Melanie Escue
- Accessibull Ally Award in collaboration with Student Accessibility Services
- Nicky Lyssy, Department of English
- Campus Partner of the Year
- Bull Market, Marshall Student Center
- Knowledge-a-bull Staff Member of the Year
- Alex Espaillat, Center for Leadership & Civic Engagement
- Flor Martinez, USF Foundation
- Faculty Collaborator of the Year
- Dr. Ruthmae Sears, Department of Mathematics Education
- Recognition of Service
- Kameryn Philpot
- Genevieve Chalmers
- Jachelle Gardiner
- Zaynab Ali-Salahuddin
- Syed Hasan
- Kedrine Gayle
- Kiannyz Morales
Look back upon the inclusive efforts of our 2019-2020 Multicultural Community:
Click here to see photos from the 2019 I Heart Diversity Award Celebration!