Student Information

Transient Students (Students Attending Another Florida Public Institution)

USF welcomes students from other institutions to enroll for a summer or on another temporary basis!

If you are currently enrolled at a Florida Public College or State University, you should not complete a Non-Degree application.  Instead, follow the process to take a course at another school on the Florida Shines webpage.  There is no application fee if you follow this process.

If you are currently enrolled at Florida private college or university, or a private or public institution outside of Florida, follow your home institution’s instructions for taking classes at another institution and then apply as a Non-Degree student at USF.

As a visiting (transient) student, you do not need to provide your transcripts, but you must file the appropriate applications and proof of residency. 

USF's Immunization Policy requires that all students submit acceptable proof of immunity to Student Health Services prior to registration for courses that meet in person. Students born after Dec. 31, 1956, must also submit proof of immunity to measles. 

For more information about transient student processes once you approved to take courses, visit our Registrar’s Office website.