Bachelor of Science in Applied Science (BSAS)
BSAS Admissions Process
In order to be admitted into the Bachelor of Science in Applied Science (BSAS) program, applicants must:
- An awarded Associate in Science (A.S.) degree from a Florida public community or state college. (Keiser University A.S. degrees are also accepted, as long as criteria above has been met).
- At least 18 credit hours of transferable general education coursework.
- Successful completion of ENC 1101 or equivalent English composition courses.
- Successful completion of at least one college-level math or quantitative reasoning.*
NOTE: To be admitted, students must have a transcript that indicates awarding of the A.S. degree.
* MAT 1033 is not considered college-level math.
Steps to Enroll
Step 1: Apply for USF AdmissionYou must apply for undergraduate admission through the USF Office of Admissions. Expect this process to take anywhere from four to six weeks. Please see transfer application dates and file completion deadlines here. The file completion deadline is the last day to submit paperwork (transcripts, petitions for reinstatement, conduct documentation). Students have up until the week before classes to register without paying the $100 late fee).
The following documents must be submitted to be considered for admission to the university:
- Complete the application for admission.
- Pay the non-refundable $30 application fee.
- Provide your official TOEFL or IELTS scores, if applicable.
- Provide your official transcript from each college or university you attended, to include military credits and CLEP scores.
*Please note that review of your application will be expedited if you send your transcripts electronically.
Mail these documents to:Office of Undergraduate Admissions
4202 E Fowler Avenue, SVC 1036
Tampa, FL 33620
Admission to the BSAS major requires that the A.S. degree be awarded before USF will admit the student. BSAS strictly follows the USF Admissions deadlines. In these cases, students will not be admitted to the BSAS degree program without completion of the A.S. degree, and may experience a one-term gap after initial admission to the University.
Students admitted to the BSAS degree program are restricted from changing majors within the institution.
Step 2: Select Your Concentration
You will take an active role in creating your academic program. View the concentrations available on the left navigation menu, and select the one that's right for you.
Step 3: Meet with a BSAS Advisor
After your transcripts have been reviewed and you've received a formal letter of acceptance from admissions, please schedule an appointment with the BSAS advisor for pre-orientation advising. Fill out an intake form to maximize your appointment time.
Need to schedule an appointment? Please click on the appropriate link below:
Accepted or currently registered students click here.
If you are NOT a USF Student, please use eScheduler.
Note: Admissions decisions will be communicated to students via email from email@example.com.