Osher and Crankstart Re-entry Scholarships
USF is pleased to offer the Osher and the Crankstart Reentry Scholarships as a way to provide grants to assist non-traditional, re-entry students with tuition expenses. Students must be admitted to USF Tampa and enrolled in courses at Tampa campus.
Re-entry students are defined as individuals who have experienced a cumulative gap in their education of five or more years and who now want to resume their undergraduate studies education to complete their first baccalaureate degree.
For more information about the Osher Foundation, visit: http://www.osherfoundation.org
This competitive grant's funding is limited to a finite amount each year. It can only be used to pay tuition. Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements in order to be considered:
- Students have experienced a cumulative gap in their education of five or more years
- Students are at the undergraduate level and pursuing their first baccalaureate degree
- Students demonstrate financial need
- Students show academic promise and a commitment to obtaining their degree
- Students anticipate participation in the workforce for a significant period of time subsequent to graduation and are ideally between the ages of 25-50
- Students must be currently enrolled at USF Tampa for the term in which they are receiving the scholarship
- Students must be enrolled on at least a part-time status (six credit hours)
- Students may not be enrolled exclusively in online classes
The scholarship amount awarded is based on the number of credit hours enrolled AND the number of credit hours needed to graduate.
OSHER and Crankstart Award Table
To apply (first time applicants only), please complete the AwardSpring application on the financial aid webpage (pay close attention to all deadlines below).
When completing your personal goal statement, include your reasons for returning to college; a listing of your scholarly and vocational accomplishments, honors, special awards, or recognition; a note about the challenges you face as a non-traditional student; and your academic and professional goals.
Grants will be awarded for either the fall semester, the spring semester, or both the fall and spring semesters.
Recipients must maintain a 3.0 grade point average and complete 75 percent of their attempted coursework in order to be eligible to reapply the following academic year. Each recipient is required to reapply each academic year to continue to be considered for the scholarship.
First Time Applicants / transfer students: March 1st
Continuing Students / Renewals: April 15th (Renewals must provide an Osher experience statement, maintain enrollment in at least 6 credit hours (cannot be exclusively online) and maintain a 3.0 semester GPA. Please complete the Renewal Scholarship Application for consideration.
Still have questions on the Osher or Crankstart Reentry Scholarships? Contact us at email@example.com, 813-974-7277.