How do I get an Associate of Arts (AA) DEGREE at USF?
Per Florida Statute 1007.25(13), students currently enrolled in a bachelor's degree program can request an Associate of Arts (AA) certificate upon completion of the AA degree requirements. The AA at USF is not awarded automatically, and students must apply for the AA certificate.
Students should work with their Academic Advisor to identify any remaining requirements for the AA degree that align with your bachelor degree requirements.
Any other questions can be sent to email@example.com
Who is eligible to apply for the AA degree?
To receive the Associate of Arts at USF, a student must:
- Be a current, degree-seeking student at USF.
- Complete 60 semester hours of university credit; at least 20 of the last 30 semester hours counted, or 36 hours overall, must be completed in residence at the home institution of USF. Physical education and military science credits do not count within the 60 semester hours toward the Associate of Arts.
- Achieve a minimum grade point average of 2.00 based on work attempted at USF. In addition, a transfer student must have a GPA of 2.00 or higher when combined with transfer work accepted and evaluated by the USF Office of Admissions.
- Complete the appropriate General Education requirements (the General Education Requirements will be based on the approved University policy in effect in the catalog year the student chooses).
- Meet the Foreign Language Entrance Requirement (FLENT).
- Fulfill State Communication Requirement (formerly known as Gordon Rule Communication) and State Computation Requirement (formerly known as Gordon Rule Computation).
- Civics Literacy
How do I apply for the AA degree?
You can apply for the AA by going to your OASIS account and clicking the "Student Tab" prior to the application deadline.
The AA is awarded approximately 4 to 6 weeks after the semester graduation date.
When should I apply for the AA degree?
You should apply for the AA certificate at least one semester prior to graduating with your baccalaureate degree. Students can NOT earn the AA degree in the same semester as their baccalaureate degree.
The deadline to apply for a degree in each semester is stated in the Academic Calendar in the catalog.
Who can I contact for more information or assistance with this process?