Setting Up a Smooth Transition
- Meet with advisors!
- Making appointments at both the institution you attend and USF ahead of time helps ensure proper coursework is taken and requirements are being met. This will help with navigating any program specific requirements and eliminate additional obstacles. Non-USF students can use our advising appointment system, escheduler, to setup an appointment with an advisor. Click Here to make an appointment
- Get an early idea of how courses may transfer
- USF Advisors are able to offer early, unofficial estimations of how credits may transfer. We have contacts in each college under our contact us tab that can assist. Also, we welcome any transfer course questions at email@example.com
- Be Proactive
- Apply to USF early enough to allow time to take care of other business such as the FAFSA, transcripts, scores, residency etc. For fall applicants early spring is recommended and for spring applicants late summer/early fall is ideal.
- Send the most up to date transcripts from the home institution. Also remember to send transcripts from ALL INSTITUTIONS ATTENDED, as well as any CLEP, AP, IB scores etc. Courses and/or scores from one school cannot be taken from another schools transcript. Transcripts must be sent individually from each school.
- If a college or major is limited access, it is essential to understand what materials will be required by the program once you are admitted to USF. Make sure to research your major to understand what additional items you may need. PLEASE READ THE TRANSFER PATHWAYS FOR THE INTENDED MAJOR CAREFULLY to understand the requirements for your major.
The following are the state-approved limited access programs for USF:
Dance (B.A. and B.F.A.)
General Business Administration
Business Analytics & Information Systems
Management & Organization
The following colleges are "restrictive" access.