Excess Credit Hour Surcharge Students are allowed to take a maximum of 110% of the total hours required for the
degree at the regular tuition rate. After that, students will be charged an Excess
Credit Hour Surcharge. Failed, dropped, repeated, and degree applicable transfer courses
are included in this total. Read the excess hours surcharge policy in the undergraduate
Foreign Language Info-FLENT/ FLEX
FLENT (Foreign Language Entrance Requirement)
Students must have completed two academic units of the same foreign language in high school or two semesters of the same foreign language or sign language in college to be considered for admission. Refer to the following statements for methods to meet the requirement and possible exemptions. Students who have not met FLENT prior to admission must meet FLENT before graduation.
1. Two academic units of the same foreign language or sign language in high school
2. Two passing semesters of the same foreign language (e.g., SPN 1120 and SPN 1121) or sign language in college, earning no less than eight credit hours.
4. Successfully passing the USF language placement test by placing into the third course or higher.
5. Subject CLEP for two semesters.
6. AP Credit for two semesters.
FLEX (Foreign Language Exit Requirement)
All students pursuing a B.A. degree must meet the foreign language exit requirement which for most students will require completing two semesters of the same foreign language or for some majors sign language. Students who already have knowledge of a foreign language may "place out" of the requirement. The following statements summarize the methods for completing FLEX.
1. Two semesters of the same foreign language (e.g., SPN 1120 and SPN 1121) or sign
language for some majors with no less than a "D" in the first semester and no less
than a "C" in the second semester. "S" or "P" grades may not be substituted.
2. Completion of the second semester or higher of a foreign language with no less than a "C". (The first semester was not taken because of placement).
3. Successfully passing the USF language placement test by placing into the third course or higher.
4. Subject CLEP credit for two semesters.
5. AP Credit for two semesters .
Withdrawals All undergraduate students are limited to a total of five (5) course withdrawals.
The withdrawals are limited to three (3) course withdrawals for students with less
than 60 semester credit hours, and two (2) course withdrawals for students with more
than or equal to 60 semester credit hours. Additional information is available in
the undergraduate catalog.