The University of South Florida Upward Bound Program (UBP) is a TRIO college-access program funded by the United States Department of Education designed to generate in program participants the skills and motivation necessary to complete secondary education and enroll in and graduate from institutions of postsecondary education. See the Online Application or the Apply page if you are interested in joining the program.
- USF UBP serves Hillsborough County high school students living in low-income households or households in which neither parent holds a bachelor's degree (first-generation college students).
- Services include instruction, tutoring, counseling, mentoring, cultural enrichment, campus tours, and a college residential experience.
Contact us by email: email@example.com
Upward Bound at the University of South Florida strives to create an inclusive, holistic, and innovative learning environment that prepares underserved students for postsecondary access and success.
USF UBP strives to meet or exceed the goal percentages proposed in the grant for the following objectives:
- Academic Performance--Grade Point Average (GPA)
- Academic Performance on Standardized Test:
- Secondary School Retention and Graduation (with regular secondary school diploma)
- Completion of rigorous secondary school program of study
- Postsecondary Enrollment
- Postsecondary Completion
Dr. Richard F. and Eva L. Pride Scholarship for Upward Bound Alumni
The Dr. Richard F. and Eva L. Pride Scholarship application is open. Any USF student who is an alumni of an Upward Bound Program can apply. One scholarship will be awarded. See the application for more details.