Through the Zimmerman Advertising Program, students will earn a bachelor's degree in business advertising. In their junior year, they will be given the option to apply to an accelerated master's degree program in advertising. This 4+1 format will allow ZAP graduates to earn two degrees in less time than it takes the average student to complete their undergraduate and graduate coursework.
Unlike any other advertising program, USF's ZAP curriculum fuses business education and marketing courses with advertising education. Limited to just 34 students per cohort, this program blends academics with experiential living and learning opportunities. As a result, they will get a jump on entering the job market and lessen the financial burden of school expenses. They'll also be more likely to land a job with a higher salary.
Shared B.S./ M.S. Requirements
Six (6) hours of graduate credit can be taken in place of 6 hours required for the undergraduate advertising major, as follows:
- MAR 4933 (Digital Marketing), satisfied by MAR 6936 (Digital Marketing)
- MAR 4503 (Buyer Behavior), satisfied by MAR 6936 (Consumer Behavior Theory)
Graduate Degree Requirements for accelerated M.S. in Advertising
Total Minimum Hours: 36
Advertising Courses (24 credits)
- ADV 5825 Advertising Proseminar (3 credits)
- MMC 6447 Quantitative Research Methods (3 credits)
- ADV 5005 Advertising Planning (3 credits)
- ADV 5508 Return on Advertising Investment (3 credits)
- ADV 6305 Advertising Media Strategy (3 credits)
- ADV 6505 Advertising Research (3 credits)
- ADV 6602 Advanced Advertising Management (3 credits)
- MMC 6449 Advertising Analytics (3 credits)
Applied Research Project (6 credits)
The Master of Science in Advertising requires students to take a minimum of 6 credit hours of MMC 6950 Applied Research Project. These hours will be arranged with one member of the graduate faculty, who will serve as the chair of the project committee.
Applying to the accelerated M.S.
- Students must have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.33 overall, and a minimum GPA of 3.50 in the major to be eligible for the accelerated degree program.
- Following the completion of a minimum of 15 hours in the undergraduate major, students may be considered for acceptance into the accelerated program through faculty nomination or student self-nomination, via submission of an accelerated program application form. Both B.S. and M.S. programs will review the applications and approve the nominations. All applications require the approval of the school of mass communications graduate program, the college of arts and sciences, and the USF graduate school.
- To apply to the accelerated master's program, the student must meet with their ZAP academic advisor.