Living-Learning Communities, known as LLCs, are residential communities with a special
emphasis on an academic major or an area of interest. Research shows that students
who participate in a Living-Learning Community have higher GPAs, increase their connections
with faculty and academic peers, and are more connected to their college experience.
In the ZAP LLC, students will meet peers in their major with similar interests, connect
with their advisor right in their residence hall, and enjoy experiences designed especially
for advertising and marketing students. There's no better way to learn something than
to really live it!
The Zimmerman Advertising Program Living-Learning Community is a curriculum requirement for first-year students in the Zimmerman Advertising Program.
The ZAP LLC is perfect for motivated and hard-working individuals who have career aspirations to be future leaders in the advertising industry. By being a part of this community, students will expand their understanding of this exciting career opportunity with the shared experiences of a built-in peer network. The ZAP LLC creates unique opportunities to interact one-on-one with business and mass communications faculty, tour local advertising agencies, media, and marketing firms, interact with working professionals, and prepare for internships.
Located In: Juniper-Poplar Hall
Open To: Zimmerman Advertising Program (ZAP) Students
Benefits of the ZAP LLC Program:
• Live with a cohort of motivated peers with similar interests who will be taking the same courses
• Participate in exclusive events and activities designed to support and develop necessary business and communications skills for advertising majors
• Network with local, national, and global leaders in the advertising industry
• Meet and interact with the deans, directors, and faculty of the Muma College of Business and the College of Arts and Sciences
• Receive one-on-one academic advising, tutoring and mentoring in your residence hall
• Access to a designated academic advisor available to work with ZAP students on their course scheduling right in the resident hall
• Additional staff and faculty to assist students with professional growth, internship placement, as well as to help students develop a relationship with the Muma College of Business and the College of Arts and Sciences
The ZAP LLC will become your welcoming new home away from home!
Students are also required to pay the ZAP fee of $225.00 per semester, which is used to cover the cost of ZAP activities and events.