Living Learning Communities by Major
Zimmerman Advertising Program (ZAP)
The Zimmerman Advertising Program Living Learning Community (ZAP LLC) is for first-year undergraduates who know that they want to be future leaders in the advertising industry, such as Brand Managers and Chief Marketing Officers. Expand your understanding of this exciting career aspiration with the shared experiences of a built-in peer network. The ZAP LLC creates unique opportunities to interact with Business and Mass Communications faculty; tour agencies, media and marketing firms; interact with working professionals; and prepare for internships. Visit the ZAP Website to learn more
Located In: Poplar Hall (Suite Style Rooms)
Open To: Zimmerman Advertising Program (ZAP) Students
Benefits of the ZAP LLC Program
- Live with a cohort of motivated peers with similar interests who will be taking the same courses
- Study abroad with your peers
- Exclusive events and activities designed to support and develop necessary business and communications skills
- Network with local, national, and global leaders in the advertising industry
- Get to know and interact with the Deans, Directors and faculty of the Muma College of Business and the College of Arts and Sciences
- Custom improv classes teach you how to think on your feet in every situation
- One-on-one academic advising, tutoring and mentoring in your residence hall
- Professional development programs such as the annual etiquette dinner
- Develop your professional network from the first day that you step foot on campus
- Tackle the USF ropes course your first weekend to start building your cohort
Students are also required to pay the ZAP fee of $350.00 per semester, which is used to cover the cost of ZAP activities and events.
ZAP is an academic program housed in the ZAP LLC. To gain admission to an LLC, you will need to complete an online LLC program application (in addition to the general USF housing application) and be admitted into the LLC program.
When completing an LLC program application that requires longer responses, we recommend typing into a Microsoft Word document that you can save and refer back to if you have any complications. Once you submit an application, a confirmation page should appear. You will also receive a confirmation email in your USF email account. If you do not receive these confirmations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, as your application was not received.
LLC Admission Decisions
Once received, your application will be reviewed by the appropriate LLC for a decision on admission. You will be notified via your USF email account regarding your LLC admission status. Each LLC has its own review timeline, but most programs will review applications and begin making application decisions by early March. Admission decisions are for one academic year. Students wishing to return to their LLC for an additional year should contact their program coordinator for specific instructions.
If you are admitted to an LLC, you will automatically be assigned into that community, but you will have the ability to select your own room. If you do not meet the eligibility requirements, or the LLC has reached capacity, your housing assignment will be based on the preferences in your general housing application.
If at any point you wish to withdraw an application, or for questions regarding the general housing application, meal plans, payment information, etc., please contact email@example.com or 813-974-0001. For questions related to the Zimmerman Advertising Program requirements and admission process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 813-974-2077.