About Poplar Hall
Opened in August 2009, Juniper-Poplar Hall is a seven-story building located between Magnolia Drive and Beard Drive. It consists of two towers (Juniper Hall and Poplar Hall) joined at the first floor by a common lobby, office complex and classrooms. Both first-year students and upperclassmen live in Poplar Hall, which houses 630 students in suite style rooms. Poplar Hall features multiple common areas, a kitchen and study lounge on each floor, and a dining hall, laundry facility and mail center on the first floor. Apply to live in Poplar Hall!
Building Code: RPH
living learning communities in Poplar Hall
- Engineering Living Learning Community
- College of Nursing Living Learning Community
- COPH Bulls in Health Living Learning Community
- Women A.R.E. Living Learning Community
SUITE STYLE ROOMS IN poplar HALL
Suites in this hall consist of two double-occupancy bedrooms and one bathroom. This hall is coed with four students of the same gender identity in one suite.
Typical Double Suite Style Room Size
- Approximately 168 square feet
- Most bedroom area dimensions are 11'6" x 14'6"
- Provided furniture per resident includes:
- A twin XL bed (Bed Raising Information)
- A dresser (measures approx. 24"x30")
- A chair and desk (measures approx. 24"x48")
- Large shared closet space
- Each suite style room includes a bathroom with a toilet, shower and in-room sink
- Bathrooms are cleaned weekly and toilet paper and shower curtain liner are provided
- Each room has a window
- Laundry facility, mail center, and dining hall on first floor
- Retail Shops (coffee shop and convenience store) on first floor
- Housing service desk on first floor
- Kitchen on every floor
- Study lounge with Ethernet connection on each floor
- Ethernet connection in-room and WiFi throughout the building
- 250Mbps average internet speed (speeds up to 1Gbps)
- 24-hour, on-call emergency maintenance
Click each image to open a larger version in a new tab. Visit us on Pinterest for more photos!
Please note: unless stated otherwise, all room measurements listed and shown above are representative of a typical double room in this hall. They do not represent measurements for a typical single room or corner room in this hall. Dimensions are approximate and may vary slightly depending on the specific location of a resident’s room in the building.
Click and drag the 3D floor plan to rotate 360 degrees. Double click, scroll or pinch to zoom.
Physical Building Address
12030 USF Beard Drive
Tampa, FL 33620
(This is not the mailing address. To view your mailing address, please visit the Mail Service page.)