Financial Aid / Scholarships
With more than 175 different scholarships available exclusively for business majors, USF's College of Business is proud to award nearly $300,000 in scholarships each year. Some scholarships are need-based, some are merit-based; others are awarded to students studying for a particular degree or are based on student talent.
The College of Business will be accepting applications for scholarships for the 2015-2016 academic year beginning November 1, 2014.
Most scholarships are designated for full-time (12 credit hours or more per term) business students at USF who meet all college admission requirements. Most yearly scholarships are in the $500 to $2,000 range.
School of Accountancy
Scholarships/excellence grants will be announced in upper-level accounting classes and applications may be obtained in March from the School of Accountancy, BSN 3305. Only accounting majors who have successfully completed ACG 3103 are eligible.
Economics majors may pick up the separate application for the Burton Scholarship in the Economics Office, CMC 206.
Students interested in receiving Study Abroad scholarships should apply under the normal USF Scholarship option and make sure that they click yes to the question about studying abroad this summer. This will automatically bring up the scholarships that students will be eligible for once the entire form is completed. Please contact Pavla Ozkul if you have any other questions.
Students will be awarded only one scholarship from either the School of Accountancy, the Economics Department, or the College of Business.
Business Scholarship Requirements
- Have at least a 3.4 USF GPA and a 3.4 OVERALL GPA. Incoming transfer students and first-term freshmen must have at least a 3.4 institutional GPA and 3.4 overall GPA at previous schools.
- Attend USF full-time (12 credit hours) during Fall 2015 and Spring 2016. If you graduate earlier than expected or are not a full-time student due to work or other factors, you will not be eligible for the full scholarship amounts.
- Be fully admitted to the College of Business on the Tampa campus by Fall 2015. Consult the USF Catalog for college admission requirements.
- Have earned at least 12 hours at USF as of December 31, 2014 (continuing students only) AND must have completed ACG 2071 (Principles of Managerial Accounting) by the end of the spring term. BBN students are exempt from this requirement.
- Award recipients must attend the Scholarship Award Luncheon and write the required donor thank you letter or they may be required to repay and/or forfeit their award.
- Scholarship award recipients will be notified no later than the third week of June, 2015.
New Freshman - February 1, 2015
New Transfers & Graduate Students - March 15, 2015
Summer Study Abroad - April 1, 2014
Continuing Students & Renewals - April 1, 2015
If you have any questions or need assistance with College of Business scholarships, please contact: Administrator or call 813-974-3051. If you need assistance with general financial aid or other university scholarships, please contact the University Scholarships & Financial Aid Services office or call 813-974-4700.
USF Financial Aid & Scholarships
Explore financial aid and the scholarships offered by USF by following the links above. You'll find several step-by-step guides for obtaining financial aid, a link to financial aid forms , a quick guide to some of the most popular assistance programs and an online search tool for all graduate and undergraduate scholarships. The search lists scholarships by major, award amounts, scholarship criteria, and deadlines for applications.