Financial Aid / Scholarships
With more than 175 different scholarships available exclusively for business majors, the USF Muma College of Business is proud to award nearly $300,000 in scholarships each year. Some scholarships are need-based, some are merit-based; others are awarded to students studying for a particular degree or are based on student talent.
The Muma College of Business will be accepting applications for scholarships through the university's STARS system for the 2017-2018 academic year in November 2017. There will be 2 scholarship options listed for the Muma College of Business. One for general scholarships and one for study abroad scholarships. Students will be considered for many scholarships under these two options.
Most scholarships are designated for full-time (12 credit hours or more per term) business students at USF who meet all college admission requirements. Most yearly scholarships are in the $500 to $2,000 range.
Lynn Pippenger School of Accountancy
Scholarships/excellence grants will be announced in upper-level accounting classes and applications may be obtained in March from the Lynn Pippenger School of Accountancy, BSN 3305. Only accounting majors who have successfully completed ACG 3103 are eligible.
Economics majors may pick up the separate application for the Burton Scholarship in the Economics Office, CMC 206.
Students interested in receiving Study Abroad scholarships should apply under the normal USF Scholarship option and make sure that they click yes to the question about studying abroad this summer. This will automatically bring up the scholarships that students will be eligible for once the entire form is completed. Please contact Pavla Ozkul if you have any other questions.
Students will be awarded only one scholarship from either the Lynn Pippenger School of Accountancy, the Economics Department, or the Muma College of Business.
Business Scholarship Requirements
- Have at least a 3.4 USF GPA and a 3.4 OVERALL GPA. Incoming transfer students and first-term freshmen must have at least a 3.4 institutional GPA and 3.4 overall GPA at previous schools.
- Scholarship recipients WILL attend USF full-time (12 credit hours) during Fall 2017 and Spring 2018. If you graduate earlier than expected or are not a full-time student due to work or other factors, you will not be eligible for the full scholarship amounts. (Part-time students may be considered for a scholarship, but full-time students will be given first priority.)
- Be fully admitted to the Muma College of Business on the Tampa campus by the end of the Spring 2017 term. Consult the USF Catalog for college admission requirements.
- Have earned at least 12 hours at USF by the end of the Spring 2017 term (continuing students only) AND must have completed ACG 2071 (Principles of Managerial Accounting) by the end of the spring term. First year BBN students are exempt from this requirement.
- Award recipients must attend the Scholarship Award Luncheon and write the required donor thank you letter or they may be required to repay and/or forfeit their award.
- Scholarship award recipients will be notified no later than the third week of June, 2017.
New Freshman - February 1, 2017
New Transfers & Graduate Students - March 10, 2017
Summer Study Abroad - March 24, 2017
Continuing Students & Renewals - April 14, 2017
If you have any questions or need assistance with Muma College of Business scholarships, please contact: Administrator or call 813-974-3051. If you need assistance with general financial aid or other university scholarships, please contact the University Scholarships & Financial Aid Services office or call 813-974-4700.
USF Financial Aid & Scholarships
Explore financial aid and the scholarships offered by USF by following the links above. You'll find several step-by-step guides for obtaining financial aid, a link to financial aid forms, a quick guide to some of the most popular assistance programs and an online search tool for all graduate and undergraduate scholarships. The search lists scholarships by major, award amounts, scholarship criteria, and deadlines for applications.