Why Choose USF?
There’s no doubt – talented students like you have a lot of choices when it comes to college. Why should you pick the University of South Florida? We’ll tell you!
Learn more about our three USF campuses – all under the umbrella of a single Preeminent Research University.
Gulf Coast Living
Explore the sun-drenched, subtropical paradise that the University of South Florida calls home.
We offer more than 200 majors and concentrations, including accelerated and high ability programs, so you can pursue your precise academic passion. You’ll also have access to transformative research experiences and exhilarating study abroad opportunities.
Find your passion and an array of services on campus to make you feel right at home and be successful.
Other Reasons to Love USF
With one of the lowest tuition rates in the country, generous financial aid and scholarships, and plenty of student employment opportunities, USF is an outstanding value. Even if you live outside Florida, our tuition rates are competitive with many local universities.
Learn more about how we can help you reach your education goals at a price that won’t break the bank.
USF’s 18 NCAA Division I teams compete throughout the year, including football, basketball and softball. USF student perks include:
- Free Bulls Blitz bus transportation to Raymond James Stadium, home to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, for USF football games
- Free admission to every game, including football, for students
- Herd Perks Student Rewards app allows students to earn points by “checking in” to USF games throughout the year. The higher the points, the more likely you are to win fan prizes and rewards.
- Soon, students can cheer on their fellow Bulls at our very own on-campus stadium.
- Gyms at all three campuses
- Equipment rentals at all three campuses
- Adventure Trips for all students
- Pools at the Tampa and St. Petersburg campuses
- Group fitness at the Tampa and St. Petersburg campuses
- Hiking trail at the Tampa campus
- USF Challenge Course at the Tampa campus
Student success is at the heart of what we do. To ensure the best outcomes possible, USF offers multiple academic resources for our students, including academic advising, tutoring and testing services and more.
Get ready for graduation starting on day one! USF’s Career Services supports you in the process of dreaming, planning and achieving career goals. They can teach you how to self-assess and conduct career research, seek out experiences that will give you transferable skills, and search for full-time employment. Offerings include:
- Career Coaching: Offers career exploration, resume writing and more services to current students to help you discover your career interests and find employment.
- Cooperative education: Integrates hands-on, paid, career-related work experience with your academic program and provides you with valuable training in your chosen career field.
- Internships: Offers a hands-on opportunity to work in your desired field and are often shorter in duration than a co-op.
- Job search: Prepares you for the career search after graduation with a suite of services including resume and cover letter preparation, employer research, networking and interview skills, and tips on proper attire.
Ranked among the nation's most veteran-friendly schools, USF offers a number of unique programs and resources for student veterans. Not only will you benefit by getting your degree from a nationally ranked university – you also will find camaraderie among our large student veteran population, as well as ongoing support from our Office of Veteran Success.
We offer an out-of-state tuition waiver for any qualified veteran, dependent, or active duty personnel who enrolls in the university. Additionally, our Pathways program walks students through the admission process and how to use the GI Bill benefit.
USF is also one of the few universities in the nation with ROTC programs for all four military departments. There’s even an ROTC living-learning community located in Maple Hall on the Tampa campus.
Explore our ROTC programs offered:
USF's global focus means we are passionate about helping to solve some of the world's most pervasive problems. We celebrate diversity. And we take pride in our university's international flavor, created by the culturally diverse students, faculty and research partners who converge here from around the globe.
Our international centers, study abroad programs in more than 25 countries, long-standing support of the Peace Corps and students from more than 145 countries will enrich your world outlook.
Interested in Learning More?
Request more information to discover what USF offers and how to join the herd as a bull.