Why USF for Graduate Students?
There’s no doubt – you have a lot of choices when it comes to your graduate education. Why should you choose the University of South Florida for graduate school? We’ll tell you!
Learn more about our three USF campuses – all under the umbrella of a single Preeminent Research University.
Gulf Coast Living
Explore the sun-drenched, subtropical paradise that the University of South Florida calls home.
USF is one of America’s top public research universities. Our researchers are advancing the frontiers of medicine, science, engineering and the arts.
The university is a leader in the treatment of brain disease, veteran reintegration, sustainability, infectious disease and photovoltaic technologies – using cells to transfer energy from sunlight. Visit the Office of Research and Innovation to find out more about the exciting projects we’re exploring.
As a graduate student, you’ll have access to valuable resources such as research symposiums, networking groups, a database of theses and dissertations, and funding opportunities that support you as you progress through your studies.
- Graduate Research Symposium
- USF Health Student Research Day
- Applied Research Network
- Completed Theses and Dissertations
- Research Funding Opportunities
See why graduate students like Fatemeh chose USF:
Other Reasons to Love USF
With one of the lowest tuition rates in the country, generous fellowships and scholarships, and plenty of assistantship opportunities, USF is an outstanding value. Even if you live outside Florida, our tuition rates are competitive with many local universities.
Learn more about how we can help you reach your education goals at a price that won’t break the bank.
Career Services and Professional Development
Our comprehensive offerings help you to gain experience in your field with co-ops & internships and learn the skills needed to find a job after graduation.
- Career Coaching: Offers career exploration, resume writing and more services to current students to help you discover your career interests and find employment.
- Internships: Offers a hands-on opportunity to work in your desired field and are often shorter in duration than a co-op.
- Job search: Prepares you for the career search after graduation with a suite of services including resume and cover letter preparation, employer research, networking and interview skills, and tips on proper attire.
- Professional Development Certification Program: Provides workshops and events to sharpen your professional development skills and network with other USF graduate students.
USF's global focus means we are passionate about helping to solve some of the world's most pervasive problems. We celebrate diversity. And we take pride in our university's international flavor, created by the culturally diverse students, faculty and research partners who converge here from around the globe.
Our international centers, study abroad programs in more than 25 countries, long-standing support of the Peace Corps and students from more than 145 countries will enrich your world outlook.
Ranked among the nation's most veteran-friendly schools, USF offers a number of unique programs and resources for student veterans. Not only will you benefit by getting your degree from a nationally ranked university – you also will find camaraderie among our large student veteran population, as well as ongoing support from our Office of Veteran Success.
We offer an out-of-state tuition waiver for any qualified veteran, dependent, or active duty personnel who enrolls in the university. Additionally, our Pathways program walks students through the admission process and how to use the GI Bill benefit.
USF is also one of the few universities in the nation with ROTC programs for all four military departments.
Athletics and Recreation
USF’s 18 NCAA Division I teams compete throughout the year, including football, basketball and softball. USF student perks include:
- Free Bulls Blitz bus transportation to Raymond James Stadium, home to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, for USF football games
- Free admission to every game, including football, for students
- Herd Perks Student Rewards app allows students to earn points by “checking in” to USF games throughout the year. The higher the points, the more likely you are to win fan prizes and rewards.
- Soon, students can cheer on their fellow Bulls at our very own on-campus stadium.
- Gyms at all three campuses
- Equipment rentals at all three campuses
- Adventure Trips for all students
- Pools at the Tampa and St. Petersburg campuses
- Group fitness at the Tampa and St. Petersburg campuses
- Hiking trail at the Tampa campus
- USF Challenge Course at the Tampa campus
Interested in Learning More?
Request more information to discover what USF offers and how to join the herd as a bull.