USF IB Biology Graduate Student Organization (BGSO)
The purpose of the Biology Graduate Student Organization (BGSO) is to:
- Serve as the official representative body of the biology graduate students before the university
- Provide a forum for discussion of issues and dissemination of information relevant to biology graduate students
- Organize, promote, and conduct activities beneficial to biology graduate student life.
- BGSO has a TEAMs page where you can keep up with graduate student events in the Department.
If you’d like to join, visit our BullsConnect page or contact us with any questions!
|Dr. Kathleen Scott|
Each year, the Biology Graduate Student Organization solicits nominations from Integrative Biology graduate students for accomplished and inspirational biologists to present a research seminar at USF. Our most recent speakers include:
- 2020: Dr. Hollie Putnam (University of Rhode Island) who presented on "Avenues of marine invertebrate acclimatization in response to rapid environmental change"
- 2019: Dr. Adam Summers (University of Washington) who presented on "Marine biomechanics - fishes do the most amazing things"
- 2018: Dr. Lacey Knowles (University of Michigan) who presented on "Species divergence shaped by the intersects of ecology and climate change"