WGS Alumni Group
A message from WGS alumni:
“Have you graduated from WGS at USF and miss being a part of a feminist community? Then get involved with the new WGS Alumni Group!
WGS alumni are currently working on an exciting project to form an official USF WGS Alumni Group (UWAG), which will give former WGS students a way to stay involved in a feminist community that upholds WGS’s values and goals of social justice and change. The WGS Alumni Group will also allow former WGS students to continue giving back to our local community and maintain strong connections with fellow like-minded USF Bulls.
Our Alumni Group will be based on the interests and goals of us – the WGS alumni. We will be hosting at least four events a year, either in-person or virtual, and any proceeds from our events will go towards creating a scholarship fund for WGS! What kinds of events or initiatives would you like to see from the WGS Alumni Group?
If you are interested in learning more, sharing ideas, attending events, or volunteering to be part of the UWAG leadership team, please email the WGS Alumni Group chair, Katie Maloney.”
Alumni Group Leadership:
Chair: Katie Maloney
Communications/Student Outreach Coordinator: Daynah Singh
Events/Community Service Coordinator: Vacant
Upcoming & ongoing WGS Alumni Group Sponsored Events:
- UWAG Virtual Meetings: twice a month on Wednesdays at 6:15pm over Microsoft Teams; email Daynah Singh for a meeting invite.
- Sponsor: Reproductive Justice is for Everyone! art exhibit opens August, 2022
Past WGS Alumni Group Sponsored Events:
- Sponsor: Art Exhibit - Visibility and Remembrance: Standing with the Trans Community: exhibit (physical and virtual) November 17, 2021-April 1, 2022
- WGS Virtual Graduation Party on May 14, 2021 from 6:30pm-7:30pm
- WGS Alumni Panel Discussion: Navigating a Real-World Career with a WGS Worldview on March 26, 2021 from 12:30pm - 1:30pm
- Sponsor: ReadOut Festival of Lesbian Literature on February 26-February 28, 2021
- Sponsor: Intersex Rage, Biopolitical Protest, and the Movement For Black Lives: A Conversation with Dr. David A Rubin on January 27, 2021 from 1:00pm - 2:30pm