Triota (Iota Iota Iota): Women’s and Gender Studies National Honor Society
USF Chapter: Beta Gamma Iota
Triota (Iota Iota Iota) is a national academic and service-based Women's and Gender Studies honor society. The USF Chapter is named Beta Gamma Iota. The Greek letter, Iota, was selected to represent the three goddesses Inanna, Ishtar, and Isis. Triota strives to maintain feminist values central to women's and gender studies:
- Celebration of diversity
Triota also promotes and supports academic excellence and facilitates activism among Women’s and Gender Studies students.
Triota was established at USF in 2010. Membership is open to all USF students, regardless of major, who meet eligibility requirements.
- A cumulative a 3.0 overall GPA and a 3.5 Women’s and Gender Studies or similar major GPA
- Completion of at least 2 WST (or related) courses
- First semester Sophomore standing or higher
To Remain in Good Standing Members Must:
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and a Women’s and Gender Studies or similar major GPA of 3.5
- Regularly attend Triota meetings
- Vote in annual elections for President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer
- Encourage and support scholarship and excellence in Women’s and Gender Studies and at the University of South Florida
Members who graduate in good standing will be given an honor cord to wear with their graduate regalia.
If you are interested in becoming a Triota member, please contact Triota Faculty Advisor Professor David Rubin with any questions.