News & Events
Teaching Inclusive Sex Ed to Marginalized Adolescents
Join Dr. McCracken in a WGS workshop that presents attendees with basic knowledge and skills to understand comprehensive and inclusive sexual health education for marginalized and vulnerable communities. In this workshop, we will cover the following:
- What it means to develop and teach a curriculum for youth in marginalized communities
- What it means to develop and teach an inclusive sexual health curriculum
- How comprehensive sex health education can be trauma informed at its foundation
- How to integrate adolescent's values and goals into their sex health education
- How to discuss gender-based violence, intimate partner violence, and trafficking in the sex industry as it relates to sexual health education to marginalized adolescents and young adults.
The workshop is scheduled for Friday, 19 November, 2021 from 2:30-5:00pm EST.
Use this form to register for the workshop.