The online Proposal Authorization Form (or "Internal Form") is designed to streamline and improve the overall grant submission process. It is the mechanism to officially establish approval to seeking funding.
The first time you visit the Internal Form on the website, you will need to register and create a username and password of your choice. Once you've completed the information form, click "Register" to go back to the log-in page. When you log in the first time, click "Remember Me" (another time-saver when you revisit the site).
Here is a quick overview of the features of the Internal Form:
- Enter contact information only once. Future forms will be automatically populated.
- Electronic signatures avoid the hassle of campus mail or walking the form around.
- Forms in progress, pending, signed, or archived are shown.
- Support documents can be attached (e.g., budget, abstract, etc.).
Prior to submitting a proposal, Principal Investigators must route the proposal for signatory approval by their Chair, Dean/Director, and Sponsored Research. The signed form is required prior to the establishment of the project within Sponsored Research.
When you're ready to start, go to the Internal Form.
We've also included the following information to assist you with the Internal Form completion:
- USF Internal Form (with screenshot instructions)
- Sample USF Internal Form