Pre-Award Compliance: Proposal Regulatory Requirements & Compliance Approvals
Complete the certification programs required by the university:
- Complete the USF Internal Form.
- Register for a new Application for Research Compliance account (ARC) – see video on creating a new ARC account.
- Complete the Interest Inventory and see the Quick Guide to Completing the Interest Inventory.
Fully disclose to the Unit Head financial interests that would reasonably appear to directly or significantly affect the sponsored project (Conflicts of Interest with university employment commitments; general Conflicts of Interest such as nepotism, doing business with USF in private capacities, board memberships, and purchasing decisions; and Conflicts of Interest in research that may bias the design-conduct or reporting of USF research) and provide updates on an annual basis. Complete the USF Financial Relationships Disclosure Form (Conflicts of Interest).
Prepare the appropriate forms and applications to applicable boards/committees if the proposal involves any of the following:
- Human subjects
- Live animals as subjects
- Recombinant DNA/RNA
- Infectious agents
- Narcotics/controlled substances
- Biological toxins
- Human blood or body fluids
- Radioactive materials and/or ionizing radiation-producing equipment
- Hazardous materials
- Scuba activities
See Forms and Templates for the Biosafety Program, Export Controls, HIPPA Program, Radiation Safety Office, and Scientific Diving Program.
See sample documents/templates related to the above: