Academic Resources


Overload Request

If you are interested in registering for more credit hours than the semester maximum (>18 Fall/Spring, >14 Summer), please fill out the Online Overload Request form.

Time Conflict

Except in rare circumstances, the University of South Florida does not permit students to register for courses that are scheduled to meet at the same times or that overlap in meeting times.

Student requesting a must be declared in the College of Arts and Sciences to submit a request.

Send an email CAS GUS with the following information:

Subject Line:  Time Conflict

Body of the email:  Student’s Name, Campus,  UID, 2 CRN,  along with your explanation of how you will manage the overlap. 

Transient Form

USF Students who take courses at another accredited institution of higher learning are considered "Transient" students. To receive approval and confirmation of how those courses will transfer back to USF, you will need to complete the online Florida Shines Transient form. USF students are expected to complete their coursework at USF. Students who wish to request to take courses at another institution must submit the online Transient form prior to registering for courses at another institution. Students should use the comment section of the online form to explain the purpose of taking coursework at another institution. To be eligible for approval, the courses you are requesting to take at another institution must meet the following criteria:

  • Course(s) must be necessary for graduation in current declared major. This can include courses which are prerequisite courses necessary to take other major required courses. -and-
  • Either:

    1. Course(s) are not available at USF and are academically necessary to be taken this semester. This can include courses not offered at USF this semester, courses which are full at USF this semester, or courses which overlap with another required course. -or-

    2. Student has an uncontrollable, necessary, and documentable reason which prevents the student from being available to take courses at USF.

S/U Contract

Please use S/U Contract Form if you wish to take a course in exchange for an "S" (Satisfactory) or "U" (Unsatisfactory) grade. It is considered an agreement between you and the professor and does not need to be submitted to any university office. Simply have the professor sign and make a copy for each other. "S/U" grading does not affect your GPA at all, however, understand that an S/U grade will not satisfy the following requirements:

  • Gordon Rule
  • General Education Course Requirements
  • USF's BA Foreign Language Requirement

Check with your advisor to find out whether certain classes can be taken "S/U". This form is available in the department offering the course

Graduation Verification Letter Request

Please select your home campus for more information.

St. Petersburg campus

Please contact Dr. Joan Eldridge to request a graduation verification letter.

Sarasota-Manatee campus

Please contact your academic advisor to request a graduation verification letter.

Tampa campus

Graduation Verification Letter Request Form is to request an official letter stating that you have completed or are about to complete all requirements for graduation. This is ONLY for undergraduate students. If you are a graduate student, please contact your department for a letter. Please note that if you're looking for a letter that states you have completed graduation requirements please submit this request after final grades have posted in OASIS.