Course Permits


Some courses or sections of a course, have restrictions such as pre-requisites, co-requisites or permission by academic department that are required in order to register. Schedule Planner will alert you when a permit is required. In order to register for these sections, you must contact the specific department offering the course.

  • If approved, the college or department will issue the permit electronically.
  • Post approval, you will be able to add the section to your registration.
  • Once registered, you are responsible for all tuition and fees related to the section.


An inability to register for a particular section does not necessarily indicate that a permit is required. Registration in a particular course can be blocked for several reasons. Errors can occur when the registration system does not recognize your pre-requisite, co-requisite, or exam credit. Registration can also be restricted to certain majors only. If you are unable to register, read the registration-add error message for more information.


Select a link below to be redirected to the appropriate permit request page.

Chemistry Department
Physics Department
Biology Department
Math Department
World Languages Department
Muma College of Business
College of Education

Is the department you're looking for not on the list? Current degree seeking undergraduates can also secure permits through Archivum. Here’s how:

Contact the department for the course in which you need a permit. Archivum does not restrict students to only scheduling appointments with their major advisors. For example, If you are a marketing major who needs a permit for a communications course, you can do a 'drop-in appointment' in CAS for communications and tell them that you need a permit.

Is your course being offered by USF St. Petersburg Campus or USF Sarasota-Manatee Campus? Use the respective online submission form. 

USF St. Petersburg Campus Online Permit Request
USF Sarasota-Manatee Campus Online Permit Request