Minor in Art Studio
The Minor in Art Studio at the University of South Florida is designed to provide students with a scope of experiences in art. The program consists of 24 credit hours of study that strengthens your critical thinking and visual communication skills, enhancing your ability to solve problems creatively.
Students seeking the Minor in Art Studio must meet with the undergraduate advisor, Rachel Lynch, to complete a declaration form. Please call the Student Services & Advising Office at (813) 974-3660 to make an appointment.
Studio Art Core Courses (Total 24 credit hours):
Art Area Preparation (15 credit hours):
- ARH 2050 History of Visual Arts I
- ARH 2051 History of Visual Arts II
- ART 2201C Concepts and Practices I
- ART 2203C Concepts and Practices II
- ART 2301C Beginning Drawing
Art Studio (9 credit hours):
- Beginning Studio Workshop (two courses)
- Intermediate Studio Workshop or Theme Studio (one course)