Students interested in pursuing an undergraduate education in visual art have can choose from three degree options to choose from at the USF School of Art & Art History.
Art History Degree
- Bachelor of Arts in Art History – The BA in Art History enables students to develop skills in critical looking, thinking and writing. It also prepares students interested in graduate-level art history studies or considering a museum profession.
Graphic Arts Degree
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Arts – The BFA in Graphic Arts offers a concentration in graphic design and a concentration in illustration. Students explore new ways of solving complex, multi-layered visual problems and develop their skills through the critical and creative design process.
Studio Art Degrees
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Studio Art – The BFA in Studio Art is the initial professional degree in the field and allows students to select a concentration focus in one of our studio areas of study. This degree also prepares students interested in pursuing a Master of Fine Arts degree in the future.
- Bachelor of Arts in Studio Art – The BA in Studio Art is oriented toward a general and broad immersion in the field, and is designed to develop the student’s consciousness of aesthetic and ideological aspects of art and its relationship to life.
See our Studio Art BFA vs BA side-by-side comparison between our two Studio Art degrees to help you decide on which is right for you.
When to Apply
Students are encouraged to apply early for the best chance to be considered for USF admission and financial aid opportunities. Applications for admission and the non-refundable application fee should be submitted by the preferred deadline date for the requested entry term. See the USF Office of Admissions for deadlines based on your admission level.
Who Should Apply As An Undergraduate
The University of South Florida offers a variety of programs to meet the diverse needs of its student population. Submit your application as an undergraduate student if you are:
- High School Senior or First Time in College (FTIC) seeking a Bachelor's degree.
- Undergraduate student with some college credits seeking a Bachelor's degree.
- Non-U.S. citizen seeking a Bachelor’s degree.
All students who have not been admitted to and enrolled in a USF degree program within the last three terms must submit a new application for admission. Former or continuing USF degree-seeking students must file another application for admission when applying for a second-degree program, another level of study or readmission.
Apply for Admission
Get information and a list of requirements to apply for undergraduate admission to the University of South Florida.
The School of Art & Art History and the University of South Florida offer a range of undergraduate scholarships and financial aid.
Students and families can also request more information about the School of Art & Art History’s programs by filling out the USF College of The Arts’ online form.