Academics and Campus Environment Advisory Council
The Academics and Campus Environment Advisory Council (ACEAC) is a university-wide council with the chief role of advising the President and the Provost on what items should be reviewed and/or acted upon by the Board of Trustees Academics and Campus Environment (ACE) Committee. ACEAC develops, reviews, and advises on university initiatives and activities related to:
- Academic issues including academic programs, faculty matters, enrollment management, and academic support;
- Student issues and policies, including student housing, judicial, student life, student health, and student security;
- Strategic planning and accountability, including student success, accreditations and diversity, and equal opportunity;
- Intercollegiate athletics, including student-athletes and marketing and attendance; and
- International affairs, including study abroad and curricular.
ACEAC also reviews fee and tuition recommendations submitted to the Finance and Audit Advisory Group, and advises the Group as appropriate. The Advisory Council also serves as a communication forum for ACE issues by sharing appropriate and timely information.
The Advisory Council should meet a minimum of four (4) times a year, with its meetings aligned with preparation for the meetings of the ACE Committee. Interim meetings may be called for reviewing Academic Program Pre-Proposals in preparation for presentation to the Board of Governors and relevant workgroups.
ACEAC Structure and Membership
The Academics and Campus Environment Advisory Council will include the following membership. The Advisory Council may also, at its discretion, form smaller subgroups for particular areas, issues, or initiatives, and invite assistance from expertise within or beyond the university on particular issues. The chair is appointed by the Provost and Executive Vice President.
Office of the Provost
Theresa Chisolm (Co-Chair)
Tanya Vomacka (Co-Chair)
Office of the Provost
Dean of Students
Undergraduate Studies – Dean’s Office
Graduate Studies – Dean’s Office
Academic Affairs, St. Petersburg campus
Student Affairs, St. Petersburg campus
Academic and Student Affairs, Sarasota-Manatee campus
Research & Innovation
Jenifer Jasinski Schneider
Council of Deans
Facilities & Public Safety
Financial Strategy & Admin Services
Jonna DeSantis, Office of the Provost and Executive Vice President