Submit the following:
- Graduate Application
All graduate applications to USF must be submitted online (Application)
($30 application fee)
- Transcripts (one transcript from every institution of higher learning attended)
Mail transcripts to:
Office of Admissions
University of South Florida
4202 E. Fowler Avenue, SVC 1036
Tampa, FL 33620-6900
- Supporting Documents
You should upload the documents through the online application site.
- Updated Professional Résumé
- Statement of Purpose (1 to 2 pages on why you would like to earn your MBA at USF and what your plans are after you earn it)
- GMAT or GRE test scores (for preliminary decision)
- Unofficial Transcripts (official transcripts required within the first semester)
- Three recommendation letters (at least one must be a professional reference)
(GMAT & GRE Review Courses are available)
- Part-time Code: VP9-M4-80
- Full-time Code: VP9-M4-97
To request consideration for a GMAT/GRE waiver, upload the waiver request to the application
- GMAT and GRE testing is back underway in many test centers around the globe. In addition, online testing is available. Please see www.mba.com or www.ets.org for more information on testing options. If a Fall 2021 applicant is unable to test, they may request a waiver and provide a written justification explaining why they are not able to test currently.
In addition to the items listed above, international students must supply the following:
- All foreign transcripts require a course by course evaluation from a foreign transcript evaluation service. Transcript Evaluation Services
- Applicants whose native language is not English or who have not earned a degree in the United States must also submit TOEFL scores. TOEFL scores must be sent directly from ETS (click here for more information on TOEFL Requirements).
Application Deadlines (Deadlines are subject to space availability in our incoming classes)
- Domestic - June 1
- International (Outside the US) - June 1
- Domestic - October 15
- International (Outside the US) - October 15
The Muma MBA program mixes several types of learning: teamwork, class discussion, presentations, case analyses, and experience. We seek competitive candidates who would fit well in this multi-faceted learning environment to become part of the USF Muma MBA community.
The admissions committee bases its decision on the strength of the application as a whole. Current students have an average of five years of professional working experience, as well as an excellent academic record. Outstanding qualities in one area may compensate for a weakness in another. The admission committee will consider prior college-level academic performance, GMAT or GRE scores, professional work experience, community or volunteer service, and any other information that might help convince the committee that the applicant is a good fit for this program. Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.
For the most recent classes, the GMAT average has been around 572 and the GRE average around 308. We strongly recommend that you prepare well before taking the GMAT or GRE. Review courses are available.
GMAT or GRE waiver requests are not guaranteed, and approvals for these requests are extremely selective. Applicants who meet one of the following may request a waiver:
1. GPA of 3.5 or higher from your bachelor's from USF, AAU, or State of Florida Preeminent Institution.
2. Three or more years of professional work experience along with strong academic credentials.
3. Active professional certificate or licenses of significant merit.
Waiver requests do not guarantee approval. Each request is reviewed individually and waivers are granted on a selective basis.
Applicants must hold a degree from a regionally accredited undergraduate institution in the United States or from a recognized institution in a foreign country, but MBA students come from a myriad of backgrounds. They hold undergraduate degrees from a variety of areas, such as business, psychology, communications, medicine, education, engineering, arts, or architecture. Students work in fields as varied as sales, education, military, manufacturing, healthcare, marketing, technology, the arts, banking, or professional sports.
Strong candidates earned at least a 3.0 GPA. In our most recent MBA classes, the average undergraduate GPA was 3.3.
International applicants from non English-speaking countries must also meet minimum TOEFL scores.