Online M.A. in ABA*
Students admitted into the online master's program enter as full-time students with the expectation that they take the courses in the established sequence to graduate with their master's degrees in two years.
Students complete their course work and directed research online. Practicum training takes place throughout the program under the supervision of Board Certified Behavior Analysts in a local agency, school or other approved site.
Upon completion of the master's program, students are ready to sit for the certification exam administered by the Behavior Analysis Certification Board.
- Fall start – June 1
- Spring start – Oct. 15 (International Students: Sept. 15)
REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Some background in ABA via coursework, experience or both
- A BCBA with supervision training willing to provide supervision during the program.
HOW TO APPLY
- Complete the graduate application online, and pay the $30 application fee.
- Upload the following documents to your online application:
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- One-page narrative describing the your experience and interest in applied behavior analysis and interest in the Master's program in Applied Behavior Analysis at USF (No other essay is required)
- Three letters of reference from professors and/or employers
- GRE scores on the general tests
- Unofficial transcripts
- Practicum Supervisor Form (Complete the APPLICANT section only)
- Mail an official transcript from each institution of higher learning attended to:
USF Office of Graduate Admissions
4202 E. Fowler Ave. SVC 1036 Tampa, FL 33620-2910
A decision about each applicant's candidacy is made by the faculty based on:
- Academic record
- GRE scores
- Letters of recommendation
- Applied behavior analysis coursework and/or experiences
- Career goals and their compatibility with those of the program
- Site and supervisor for practicum training