Institute for Translational Research Education in Adolescent Drug Abuse (ITRE)
ITRE Publications & Presentations
The following articles, book chapters, READI Talks, and presentations, were published and/or developed by ITRE as part of the coursework for the graduate certificate program in Translational Research in Adolescent Behavioral Health, with the support of the National Institute on Drug Abuse, a department of the National Institutes of Health, under award number R25DA031103.
- Baldwin, J. A., Williamson, H. J., Eaves, E. R., Levin, B. L., Burton, D. L., & Massey, O. T. (2017). Broadening measures of success: results of a behavioral health translational research training program. Implementation Science, 12(1), 92.
- Williamson, H. J., Young, B. R., Murray, N., Burton, D. L., Levin, B. L., Massey, O. T., & Baldwin, J. A. (2016). Community-university partnerships for research and practice: Application of an interactive and contextual model of collaboration. Journal of Higher Education Outreach and Engagement, 20(2), 1-30. Retrieved from http://openjournals.libs.uga.edu/index.php/jheoe/article/view/1649/936
- Burton, D., Levin, B.L., Massey, O.T., Williamson, H.J., & Baldwin, J.A. (2016). Innovative graduate research education for advancement of implementation science in adolescent behavioral health. Journal of Behavioral Health Services and Research, 43(2), 172-86. PMID: 26746638.
- Burton, D.L., Massey, O.T, Levin, B.L., Baldwin, J.A., & Williamson, H.J. (2015). Transforming research education for translational science and implementation of evidence-based practices. Implementation Science, 10 (Suppl 1), A36 [Meeting Abstract]. PMCID: PMC4551719.
- Castillo, H. L., Rivers, T., Randall, C., Gaughan, K., Ojanen, T., Massey, O. T., & Burton, D. (2015). Placing evidence-based interventions at the fingertips of school social workers. Journal of Behavioral Health Services and Research, 43(3), 474-483. PMID: 26659382.
- Young, B. R., Williamson, H. J., Burton, D. L., Massey, O. T., Levin, B. L., & Baldwin, J. A. (2015). Challenges and benefits in designing and implementing a team-based research mentorship experience in translational research. Pedagogy in Health Promotion, 1(4), 233-246. PMID: 26949735.
ITRE FACULTY BOOK CHAPTERS
- Massey, O. T., & Vroom, E. B. (In press). The role of implementation science in behavioral health. In B. L. Levin & A. Hanson (Eds), Foundations of Behavioral Health. New York: Springer.
These Research Education & Development for Implementation (READI) Talks are short presentations and videos on topics related to the classes taught in the USF Translational Research in Adolescent Behavioral Health Graduate Certificate Program.
- Evaluation of the Adolescent Marijuana Delinquency Act Citation Program in H. C.
By: Kathleen Moore, PhD
- Cultural Based Interventions to Affect Substance Use Among Native American Youth
By: John Lowe, RN, PhD, FAAN
- Culturally & Linguistically Appropriate Standards
By: Linda Callejas, PhD
- The Importance of a Literature Review
By: Ardis Hanson, PhD, MLS
- Trends in Adolescent Substance Use Disorders, Emergency & Treatment Admissions
By: Michael Dennis
These are presentations and videos longer than15 minutes on topics related to the classes taught in the USF Translational Research in Adolescent Behavioral Health Graduate Certificate Program.
- Behavioral Health Disparities Among American Indian/Alaskan Native Youth
By: Julie Baldwin, PhD
- Giving a Voice to Indigenous Boarding School: Experiences in the Midwest
By: Barbara K. Charbonneau-Dahlen, RN, MS, PhD
- Hispanics in the U.S. and Hispanic Migrant Farmworkers
By: Claudia X. Aguado Loi, PhD, MPH, CPH, CHES
- Institutional Review Board (IRB) Submitting to the ARC System
By: Jamie Reddish, MPH
- Introduction to Qualitative Research Methods
By: Claudia X. Aguado Loi, PhD, MPH, CPH, CHES
- Preparing Manuscripts for Peer-Reviewed Publications
By: Ardis Hanson, PhD, MLIS
- Professional Development for Public Health Professionals
By: Jennifer P. Wisdom, PhD, MPH
- The Navajo Philosophy of Life: Protecting Our Youth from Alcohol and Substance Abuse
By: Darrell Marks, Academic Advisor Flagstaff High School
These are presentations conducted by ITRE Scholars and national & local experts on topics related to adolescent behavioral health, during Annual Research and Policy Conferences on Child, Adolescent, and Young Adult Behavioral Health, held in Tampa, Florida.
- Evidence Based Treatment & Guidelines for Adolescent Substance Abuse Disorders
By: Michael Dennis, PhD
- Multi Cultural Factors & Trends in Adolescent Substance Abus
By: Michael Dennis, PhD; Kathleen Moore, PhD; John Lowe, RN, PhD, FAAN
Please contact email@example.com for permission to use these videos and presentations.