Institute for Translational Research Education in Adolescent Substance Use (ITRE)
Welcome to the ITRE website!
At the Institute, we are excited to offer student scholars a one-of-a-kind education and training program in translational research in adolescent behavioral health.
Application Deadline for Spring 2024 Cohort-11 Scholars
ITRE invites graduate students and working professionals with a Master's degree (or in a doctoral degree program) to apply for a fully paid 15 credit Graduate Certificate Program in Translational Research in Adolescent Substance Use.
Scholars of the Institute benefit from:
- A team of mentors comprised of local community agency leaders, academic specialists and national experts in the field of adolescent behavioral health.
- Learning experiences provided from web-based graduate courses and participation in the Annual USF Translational Research in Adolescent Substance Use Conference.
- Experience conducting a service learning research project in a community-based setting relevant to alcohol and drug abuse, as well as other behavioral health issues in adolescents.
- Exposure to the latest science and nationally recognized experts in alcohol and drug abuse, comorbidities, and translational science.
- Funding for course credits and related program activities.
We look forward to sharing the work of our Institute scholars!
Dr. Tom Massey
Multiple Principal Investigator & Evaluation Director
Dr. Bruce Lubotsky Levin
Multiple Principal Investigator & Curriculum Director
Dr. Julie Baldwin
Multiple Principal Investigator & Health Equity Director
Dr. Donna Burton