Ethics and Conduct
Student Professional Expectations
The College of Education supports the mission goals and values of the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities (OSRR) and the University of South Florida System (USF System) by promoting a community that values individual responsibility and the adherence to community standards as embodied in the Student Code of Conduct.
USF Code of Conduct
The University of South Florida System (USF System) values a community based on the principles of community, ethics, and civility. As such, the USF System community expects students to behave in a manner that supports this purpose. Read the Student Code of Conduct document to understand what behavior is counteractive to this purpose and how the USF System will hold students accountable for those inappropriate behaviors.
The USF Ethics and Integrity Council serves in an advisory capacity to the President of the University, as well as to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs and the Vice President for Student Affairs on policies, procedures and practices affecting students' academic integrity, ethical development, and respect for the global community at the University of South Florida.
USF Policies and Regulations
Find the regulations and policies for all of USF and selected links from the undergraduate and graduate catalogs.
State of Florida Code of Ethics & Resources
- Florida Department of Education: Code of Ethics & Principles of Professional Conduct for the Education Profession in Florida
- Florida Department of Education: Ethics in Education Act Resources
Ethics Resources from Partner School Districts
Students completing a field experience through the USF College of Education should also familiarize themselves with the ethics resources from the school district(s) in which they are serving.
- Hernando County Schools: Principles of Professional Conduct
- Hillsborough County Public Schools: Standards of Ethical Conduct for Instructional Staff
- Manatee County School District: Code of Ethics
- Pasco County Schools: Instructional Staff Code of Ethics
- Pinellas County Schools: Standards of Ethical Conduct for Instructional Staff
- Polk County Public Schools: Ethics, Principles, and Core Values
- Sarasota County Schools: Professional Ethics