Master of Arts
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 in upper-level division undergraduate study. Applicants with GPA’s below 3.0 must submit Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores taken within the last 5 years.
- Have goals and career plans that are related to the field of adult education.
- Obtain favorable recommendations from the Department Chairperson and the College of Education's Director for Graduate Student Academic Services (no additional action needed; department facilitates upon admission consideration).
How to apply:
- Apply online through USF Graduate Admissions.
- Submit one original, sealed copy of undergraduate and graduate-level (if applicable) transcripts to the USF Office of Graduate Admissions. Previous USF graduates do not need to submit transcripts of USF coursework.
- Submit GRE scores, if needed.
Submit the following items to the academic support specialist: Lisa Adkins
- Submit two letters of recommendation stating that the candidate has the potential to successfully complete a master's degree program.
- Submit a goal statement indicating the perceived relationship between the applicant's career plans and the attainment of this specific master's degree program.
Priority Application Deadline
Fall: February 15
Summer: February 15
Spring: October 15
Note: All admissions materials including the USF graduate admissions application, student transcripts and supporting documentation must be received by July 20, 2018 to be considered for the Fall 2018 semester.
The admission committee may offer students the opportunity to begin their program as a non-degree student prior to official admission. Up to 50 percent of coursework may be either transferred in from an accredited university or from USF with the program coordinator's prior approval.
Please note that completing courses as a non-degree student does not guarantee admission to the program and admissions criteria and/or course requirements are subject to change. For more information on non-degree seeking visit the Office of the Registrar.