Doctor of Philosophy
priority Application deadlines:
Fall: February 15
Spring: September 15
Summer: February 15
Note: All admissions materials including the USF graduate admissions application, student transcripts and supporting documentation must be received by July 20, 2018 to be considered for the Fall 2018 semester.
In order to be considered for admission, applications must have:
- All transcripts from accredited institutions; an earned Master’s Degree in Education related field.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores for Verbal, Quantitative, and Writing in the 40th percentile or higher. GRE must be taken within five years of the application.
- Current curriculum vitae/resume (Three years of PK-8 teaching experience preferred).
- Personal Statement (two-page statement of academic history and goals).
- Academic Writing Samples/Publications (two samples that demonstrate writing and research skills).
- Letters of Recommendation (professional/academic reference letters and contact information from three individuals who can attest to academic accomplishments).
- Personal Interview: When an application file is complete, applicants who meet the academic criteria will be invited to interview with the Admissions Committee.