Dr. Ning Wang is joining the Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) at the University of South Florida (USF) as a tenure-track assistant professor in the Fall of 2023. She received her Ph.D. in Computer Engineering from Virginia Tech in 2023. Prior to that, she completed her BE in Telecommunications and ME in Electronics and Telecommunications from Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, China, in 2015 and 2018, respectively.
Dr. Wang's primary research interest lies in Trustworthy AI, with a specific focus on interdisciplinary studies involving AI and Security. Her work encompasses two main areas: employing machine learning as a tool to develop innovative security solutions (AI for security), and enhancing the security and privacy of machine learning systems against vulnerabilities (security of AI). She has contributed to esteemed conferences and journals in networking and security, including ACSAC, ASIACCS, INFOCOM, and TDSC.
Machine learning-based intrusion detection systems, adversarial machine learning, federated learning, privacy-preserving machine learning, differential privacy, IoT security, and cyber-physical system security.
Network security, Security and Privacy in ML
Ph.D. in Computer Engineering, Virginia Tech (2023)
MS in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications (2018)
BS in Telecommunication Engineering, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications (2015)
Honors and Awards
- ACSAC Conferenceship (2022)
- IEEE INFOCOM Travel Grant (2022)
- IEEE ICNP Travel Grant (2022)
- IEEE CNS Travel Grant (2022)
Reviewer for multiple conferences and journals, including:
- IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy (S&P) 2023
- European Symposium on Research in Computer Security (ESORICS) 2022
- IEEE Conference on Communications and Network Security (CNS) 2019
- IEEE International Conference on Sensing, Communication, and Networking (SECON) 2019
- IEEE International Conference on Fog Computing (ICFC) 2019
- IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing (TDSC)
- IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking (ToN)
- IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing (TCC)
- IEEE Transactions on Artificial Intelligence (TAI)
- IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications (JSAC)