Outreach & Engagement
Anti-Racism & Outreach
The USF Office of Outreach and Access of Undergraduate Admissions is dedicated to increasing college access for students from underrepresented, first-generation and special populations. Visit their Outreach and Access page for information on how their office provides the support these students need to become competitive applicants.
Florida College Access Network
The Florida College Access Network is an independent, statewide organization hosted at the University of South Florida. It is devoted to improving college access and success for minorities and other students underrepresented in higher education. Today, FCAN supports 17 community coalitions throughout the state called local college access networks that collectively represent over 700 organizations and institutions and 82% of the state’s population. For more information about FCAN, please visit their website or contact the Executive Director, Charleita Richardson.
The University of South Florida houses at least 25 unique programs designed to provide educational outreach to racial and ethnic minority communities in the region. Our cultivation of the K-12 pipeline represents the value that we place on proactively promoting the success of socio-economically disadvantaged and underrepresented minority students in primary and secondary schools. Learn about these programs, which range from literacy, enrichment, college preparatory programs, to our guaranteed admissions programs.
- Bulls-EYE Mentoring
- College Research-Out Program (CROP)
- Cultural & Linguistic Competence (CLC) Resource Library for Eliminating Behavioral Health Disparities
- Dr. King Scholar Banquet (St. Petersburg campus)
- Emerging Scholars Program
- FDLRS Multidisciplinary Educational Services Center
- Florida Center for Inclusive Communities/University Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities Education, Research and Service (FCIC/UCEDD)
- USF Green and Gold Scholarship
- USF Health Enrichment Programs
- Home Instruction for Parents of Preschool Youngsters (HIPPY)
- Institute for Translational Research Education in Adolescent Drug Abuse (ITRE)
- The Learning Academy at USF
- Making Connections for Mental Health
- Parent Partners for Families of Miami-Dade County (PPFF)
- USF PathEd Collaborative
- Pinellas Access To Higher Education (PATHe)
- Rightpath Research and Innovation Center
- School Readiness Curriculum Based Measurement System (SRCBM)
- STEM Education Center
- Systemic Transformation of Education through Evidence-based Reforms (STEER)
- Unidos Now (Sarasota-Manatee campus)
- Upward Bound Program
- Strategic planning with the Black Leadership Network and the Latin Community Advisory Committee for student recruitment, programs and other initiatives.
For community members/groups: The USF Office of Community Engagement & Partnerships is available to provide guidance and resources for community organizations related to faculty expertise and curriculum development. Please email Dr. Lillian Wichinsky if you would like more information about the office and its services.