Resources, Policies & Forms
Change Home Academic Unit
In the rare event that there is a need to change the academic home unit of a faculty member, the attached form should be used. There needs to be a compelling reason for the proposed change and an agreement from all affected units. These change requests most often involve multi- or interdisciplinary faculty members whose credentials, teaching, and research interests demonstrably fit better in a different academic unit. The process begins with a faculty member approaching the chair/directors of both their current and preferred home academic units.
The university retains the right to approve the request (or not), taking into account the following considerations:
- The fit of the appointment to the preferred unit.
- The impact on both the current and preferred units.
- How the change supports USF strategic goals.
- Approval of the transfer by administrators including chairs/directors, campus deans, regional vice-chancellors (if applicable) and the provost.
- Approval of the transfer by faculty in the preferred unit.
- An agreement between units regarding any financial considerations or special conditions, usually in the form of a memorandum of understanding.
- If on tenure track or tenured, the tenure home of the applicant will be in the new unit.
Please fill out the “Application to Change Home Academic Unit” and include a current curriculum vitae. It is the responsibility of the applicant to secure all the needed approvals.