The Quiet Quality Awards were implemented in the fall of 1996 by the Staff Senate with strong support from USF administration in a collaborative effort to increase employee recognition. We are proud of this program and welcome any comments and suggestions.
Quiet Quality Award Recipients will receive:
- A framed Award Certificate
- Their name announced on the QQA website
- An invitation to an awards reception hosted by the Staff Senate in June of each year.
1. Staff employees must be a full- or part-time employee with six months continuous service at USF. Employees can receive this award only once every three years.
2. Faculty, Administration, Staff, Temporary (OPS), students and others may nominate qualified Staff employees.
3. The Awards Committee will hold applications for three months from the date of receipt. The nominator, after three months, must resubmit the nomination form and supporting information if the person has not received recognition.
4. The Awards Committee must receive the completed nomination form and letter by the 15th of the month in order to meet eligibility for the following month's awards.
5. The Awards Committee will be evaluating candidates based on:
- Conscientiousness: extent to which nominee is careful and accurate, attends to detail, maintains programs' integrity and good basic work habits.
- Professional manner/positive attitude/interpersonal relationships: extent to which the nominee is courteous and consistently maintains good working relationships with others.
- Work performance: extent to which the employee is self-directed, initiates and completes tasks with little supervision and completes tasks within allotted time frames/performance under pressure/extent to which the nominee exhibits superior performance.
- Responsibilities: extent to which the nominee carries out a variety of responsibilities as characterized in their job duties.
- Team-oriented: frequency and willingness that the employee takes on work in times of needs and works well in group settings.
- Suggestions: the nominee makes suggestions that are helpful in alleviating problems or saving money/time in the work area.
If you have any questions about the QQA Nomination Form please email QQAStaffSenate@usf.edu.