The office of Student Outreach & Support (SOS) at the University of South Florida, is a student-first direct care management team that supports students in managing stress that impacts their academics and overall health and wellness. SOS staff:
- Meet with students to;
- identify strengths and needs
- assess for risk or threats
- understand the students perspective for advocacy
- Collaborate with students to develop an action plan for success. This plan can include;
- coordinating referral linkage with appropriate on/off campus support services
- letters of support
- professor communication
The primary goal of support from our office is assist the student in mitigating stress that restricts their full potential while fostering individual growth and self-advocacy.
The Office of Student Outreach and Support (SOS) promotes student success through secondary and tertiary services. These services include identifying student needs, removing barriers to care, facilitating connection to resources, and coordinating care among treatment providers.
The Office of Student Outreach and Support increases student academic success and personal wellness as well as promote community safety through support and intervention services.