What is Case Management?
Higher Education Case Managers serve their University and individual students by coordinating intervention and support efforts across campus and community systems to assist at risk students those who are facing crises, experiencing life stressors, and encountering barriers that impede success.
Find your campus:
Higher Education Case Managers may:
- Reach out to students via email and phone call to offer an appointment with a Case Manager
- Evaluate threat and assess risk to self and/or the community
- Arrange for appropriate medical or mental health care
- Maintain contact and meet with students to address needs
- Foster self-advocacy in students to manage their academic, personal and fiscal responsibilities.
- Advocate for students individually and systemically
SOS staff coordinate the proactive and follow-up case management services for students referred for personal, emotional, mental health, and academic concerns. SOS staff coordinates care within the community as well as across campus resources such as the Counseling Center, Students with Disability Services, Student Health Services, Success and Wellness Coaching etc.
If a student is struggling and you are unsure how to get them help, the SOS staff can provide assistance.