Frequently Asked Questions:
Why would students enroll in fuse?
By enrolling in Fuse, students will have a seamless transition to a USF institution. Degree pathways were designed to ensure that courses completed for the Associate degree will apply towards a USF Bachelor's degree. The Fuse program gives students a direct, efficient pathway from the FCS institution to a USF campus.
Who is eligible for fuse?
Students who are starting community college the first time out of high school can enroll in Fuse. In addition, students who have applied at a USF campus and were not immediately admitted also have the opportunity to enter Fuse.
Is fuse available for all majors?
Select academic programs are eligible for Fuse. See usf.edu/FUSE for available majors.
What is the criteria for guaranteed admission to USF through fuse?
• Graduate with an Associate's degree in two or three years depending on community
• Achieve a minimum 2.0 GPA or higher depending on the degree
• Meet all requirements of the degree pathway
What is the benefit of enrolling in fuse?
• Dual academic advising from both the community college and the USF campuses
• Priority course registration
• Guaranteed acceptance into limited access majors, if criteria are met
• Ability to meet specific program requirements when entering a USF degree program.
• Opportunity to attend select events and workshops at USF
Which Florida College System institutions are participating in fuse?
Hillsborough Community College, St. Petersburg College, College of Central Florida, Pasco – Hernando State College, Polk State College, South Florida State College, State College of Florida and Santa Fe College.