MBA Sports Entertainment
Ideal degree candidates will have a passion for the business and industry, rather than simply a love of sports. The strength of each applicant will be considered based on the entirety of the application. The admissions committee will look at prior college-level academic performance (GPA), GMAT or GRE scores, TOEFL score (if required), résumé, recommendation letters, and statement of purpose. A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university is required.
To apply, students should:
- Apply online through the USF Graduate School.
- Email your résumé and Statement of Purpose (describing why this program is right for you) as attachments to SEMadmissions@usf.edu.
- Upload a 4-5 minute video to YouTube, Vimeo, or another online video service. Make
sure to address the following:
- School & Work Experience (where applicable)
- Your 3-5 year career goals upon completing the program and how our program will help you achieve those goals.
- Once your video is created, please send the link to SEMadmissions@usf.edu.
Have the following sent to the address below:
- Two sealed letters of recommendation
- GMAT or GRE scores
- Transcript from each junior college, college, or university you have attended
- TOEFL score for international students whose first language is not English
Sport and Entertainment Management Program
College of Business
University of South Florida
4202 East Fowler Avenue, BSN 3403
Tampa, FL 33620-7800
Due to the high level of interest and expected application volume for the class entering in August of 2014, we suggest that all application materials be submitted by 12/31/13. We will have a rolling admission process and the required interview cannot be scheduled until all materials have been received including GRE/GMAT scores. We will review applications and materials received after 12/31 but for the best opportunity to receive full consideration, please submit your materials as early as practical. We will begin reviewing application materials in early January and scheduling appointments shortly thereafter. We expect applications to be highly competitive and only 30 candidates will be accepted for the August 2014 class. All candidates will be notified of their status no later than April 1, 2014.