Academic Knowledge Management (AKM)
Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
The Customer Relationship Management team at USF is dedicated to providing a service, which supports recruitment, student success, and retention by blending data from multiple sources to create a 360 view of the student experience to enhance engagement, support outreach, and deliver authentic communications.
What is a CRM?
A CRM is a system that helps you to gather and organize information about your students and partnerships and provides tools for:
- Conversation Management: Record, Triage, Review, automate follow-up activities, and categorize conversations.
- Lifecycle Management: Support and track (students/partners) across their lifecycle with compelling, personalized and targeted messaging using their preferred communication channel (email, text, online chat)
Why use CRM in Higher Education?
CRM is used in higher education primarily for admissions recruitment, but many universities, including USF, are using this for student success initiatives. A CRM has the potential to:
- Increase recruitment yield by identifying the highest caliber prospects, and targeting them with personalized messages.
- Improve retention and strengthen student success by integrating with multiple systems to create a 360 view of the student experiences and utilizing this data to drive data-driven actions enterprise-wide, enhancing engagement and intervention and delivering meaningful communications.
- Track and route all students' communication and interactions across multiple communication channels (Text, email), with Advisors and Departments such as the Office of Admissions, The Office of the Registrar, Financial Aid.
- Use data to create analysis and drive improvement initiatives.
CRM at USF
USF has a dedicated cross-functional team to support CRM initiatives and ongoing activities. The CRM at USF currently houses active student including the program of study, course registration and application data to name a few. Current users include:
- Office of Undergraduate Admissions
- Office of Graduate Admissions
- Innovative Education
- Global Citizens Project - USF's Quality Enhancement Plan
Ready to learn more? Please contact CRMSupport@usf.edu to schedule a demo.