State Reporting & Data Administrator
Roles & Responsibilities
A Data Steward is an employee of the University who has administrative and/or operational responsibility over institutional data. An enterprise application may have teams of Data Stewards, each responsible for varying functions. Responsibilities of a Data Steward include the following:
- Ensure that the data has been collected systematically, entered accurately, and reviewed by Sub Certifier.
- Enhance the information reporting process through staff development and collaboration with the various offices and programs responsible for producing data and information.
- Control data definitions to ensure consistent definitions over the life of the data.
- Resolve discrepancies in information before reports are forwarded to senior staff.
Data Stewards are appointed by Sub-Certifiers.
A Sub-Certifier is an employee of the University who has been given the responsibility to oversee the definition, management, control, integrity, and maintenance of institutional data. Responsibilities of a Sub-Certifier include the following:
- Coordinate the data collection process.
- Monitoring the data to ensure current data processing procedures are effective.
- Certify that the data represents facts based on accurate data from programs and offices.
- Sub-Certifiers are appointed by Executive Reviewers.
An Executive Reviewer is an Executive-Level employee of the University who has been given the responsibility to review and approve an institutional data submission prior to the official submission to the Florida Board of Governors. Executive Reviewers are appointed based on the area of responsibility in relationship to the data source.
Executive Reviewers are appointed by the Provost or the Senior VP for Financial Strategy.
Institutional Data Administrator
The Institutional Data Administrator is a senior-level employee of the University who certifies and manages the submission of data to the Florida Board of Governors.
The Institutional Data Administrator is appointed by the University President pursuant to BOG Regulation 3.007: State University System (SUS) Management Information Systems