5 Steps to Living on Campus
Complete the housing application in the housing portal.
All first-time-in-college campus residents are required to select a meal plan as part of the application.
Submit/verify your Student Health Services immunization information.
Reserve and pay for your orientation session.
The reservation system opens in early March for those applying for fall.
Select your room!
Did you apply for spring housing?
- Room selection begins on Monday, November 13 and ends on Sunday, December 10 at 11:59 p.m. Those who have not participated in room selection by December 10 will receive a housing
assignment at a later date based on available preferences indicated on the housing
application (subject to availability). The assignments process is ongoing until all
spaces are full.
- NEW RESIDENTS: Spring 2018 Room Selection process
Did you apply for fall/spring housing?
- Room selection for current residents (and current non-resident students) begins on
February 19 and ends on Friday, February 23 at 11:59 p.m.
- CURRENT RESIDENTS: Fall/Spring 2018-19 Room Selection process
- Room selection for new residents begins on or about March 15 and ends on Friday, June 29 at 11:59 p.m.
- NEW RESIDENTS: Fall/Spring 2018-19 Room Selection process
Starting in the Summer?
If you start in the summer B term and wish to live on campus for the summer B, fall, and spring semesters, you will need to repeat steps 1 & 2 for the summer B application in addition to the fall/spring application.
Want to live in a Living Learning Community (LLC)?
Students who would like to live in an LLC must complete the LLC application in the Programs & Events section of the Housing Portal.
Once the first two steps are completed, your place in line is set. Your place in line determines the earliest date and time that you will be able to participate in room selection (check your USF email regularly). However, you will not be eligible to participate in room selection until the first four steps are completed. If you decide not to attend USF, it will be your responsibility to cancel your housing contract before the cancellation deadlines to avoid charges. View the cancellation deadlines in the housing contract.